Friday, January 28, 2011

Donor Egg Appointment

So yesterday was our appointment with Create Fertility in Toronto. My appointment was for 2pm and I arrived 20 minutes early. I had to have a full bladder ultrasound, so my bladder was full i'm sure a lot of you know that feeling. Well they took me at almost 3pm for the ultrasound. So I was already a little frustrated. Then we waited for the doctor. So she called us into her office and then shes ask why i'm there. Hello ding, ding. So I asked her do you not have a copy of my file from Dr. H's office. Oh no nothing was sent over. Don't you think that if you are seeing a patient you would want to know their history. So I proceeded to tell her my story. An exclusive cycle you looking at $9,000 in clinic fees. That does not incude the donor egg fees($3000-$5000). I told her about Argentina she wasn't to thrilled with that idea. She also wasn't thrilled with the shared cycle idea. Yea i know i won't get 20 eggs from Argentina or a shared cycle but my goal here is to have one child. Not 20 like the duggars or eight like octomom. They won't transfer more than two anyway. So she ordered a whole bunch of boodwork which should have been in my file and more blood test for my husband. A sonohistro exam which i've already done. The the receptionist which wasn't the regular receptionist procedes to take me thru a cycle monitoring excerise hello i'm not cycling. oh the best part is the the blood technician couldn't find my veins but managed to some squeeze 20 tubes of blood out of my arms. Last night i was so emotional that i did a lot of crying but then i thought i'm just making myself sick so then crying turned to anger. Anger at God,and the doctors. Fertility doctors who charge us vulnerable women fees liek crazy because they know we will do anything to have a baby. Maybe the governement would cover it if it wasn't so expensive. Even the donor egg agencies where are they getting these fees from. So I think Argentina is the plan as to when its hard to say. I'm drained in all senses and jsut need to take things as they come.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really shitty appointment. I've heard of people going to a clinic in Brno (I think) for a DE cycle. I'm not sure how much that costs though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had to do the same tests, a whole bunch at Create, but they did find some things that the other doctors did not (blood clotting gene. AMH...).

    My first experience there wasn't so great because I was late and the receptionist wanted to reschedule the appointment for one month later - I switched doctors right away and got an earlier appointment.

    Did Dr. H send you there?

    I don't pray often anymore and I'm learning how to pray again, but I'll say a prayer for you-- now before I forget. All the best. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete